Serena Williams, born September 26, 1981, is regarded as one of the greatest female tennis players of all time. At age 3, her father started her tennis training using information he picked up from books and videos.
Below are some of her best quotes.
1. Everyone’s dream can come true if you just stick to it and work hard.
2. I am lucky that whatever fear I have inside me, my desire to win is always stronger.
3. I always say if I play my best it’s difficult to beat me.
4. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does.
5. Luck has nothing to do with it.
6. I think in life you should work on yourself until the day you die.
7. With a defeat, when you lose, you get up, you make it better, you try again. That’s what I do in life, when I get down, when I get sick, I don’t want to just stop. I keep going and I try to do more. Everyone always says never give up but you really have to take that to heart and really do never definitely give up. Keep trying.
8. I’ve always been a fighter and I’ve always fought through things my whole life.
9. I love who I am, and I encourage other people to love and embrace who they are. But it definitely wasn’t easy – it took me a while.
10. I’m not used to crying. It’s a little difficult. All my life I’ve had to fight. It’s just another fight I’m going to have to learn how to win, that’s all. I’m just going to have to keep smiling.
11. I’ve had to learn to fight all my life – got to learn to keep smiling. If you smile things will work out.
12. I’ve always considered myself the best and the top. I never considered that I was out of it.
13. I’m a perfectionist. I’m pretty much insatiable. I feel there’s so many things I can improve on.
14. I was just tired of losing… Life was passing me by.
15. I don’t like to lose-at anything… Yet I’ve grown most not from victories, but setbacks. If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.
16. If Plan A isn’t working, I have Plan B, Plan C, and even Plan D.
17. Venus told me the other day that champions don’t get nervous in tight situations. That really helped me a lot. I decided I shouldn’t get nervous and just do the best I can.
18. You can be whatever size you are, and you can be beautiful both inside and out. We’re always told what’s beautiful and what’s not, and that’s not right.
19. I am not a robot. I have a heart and I bleed.
20. All my life I’ve kinda dreamed of being the best, and doing the best, and it hasn’t always been easy for me. So I’ve been trying, but it’s really special to have come such a long way, it’s just really fulfilling.
Let me know in the comments sections which of Serena Williams quotes you find most motivational.