Mohammed Ali is considered to be one of the greatest heavyweights in the history of boxing. He first man to win the undisputed world heavyweight boxing title three times.
Before turning professional, he won numerous amateur titles and achieved an outstanding record of 100 wins to 5 losses. At age 22 he won the world heavyweight championship.
He was a charismatic figure who was recognised internationally. He was known as “The Greatest”
“Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.”
More inspirational quotes from “The Greatest”.
1. I am an ordinary man who worked hard to develop the talent I was given. I believed in myself, and I believe in the goodness of others.
2. It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.
3. Who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
4. I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
5. The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
6. Friendship … is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.
7. I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.
8. A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.
9. Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.
10. I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.
11. If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
12. Don’t Count the Days; Make the Days Count.
13. The more we help others, the more we help ourselves.
14. My only fault is that I don’t realize how great I really am.
15. The man who has no imagination has no wings.
16. What keeps me going is goals.
17. I don’t have to be what you want me to be.
18. I’ve made my share of mistakes along the way, but if I have changed even one life for the better, I haven’t lived in vain.
19. I said I was ‘The Greatest,’ I never said I was the smartest!
20. I never thought of losing, but now that it’s happened, the only thing is to do it right. That’s my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life.
Let me know in the comments section which of Mohammed Ali’s quotes motivates you the most.