Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter, born on September 4, 1981, is an award winning American singer-songwriter, record producer, actress, dancer and business woman. She is one of the best-selling music artists of all time.
She has won 20 Grammy Awards and is the most nominated woman in the award’s history.
Below are some of her best quotes.
1. Do what you were born to do. You just have to trust yourself.
2. I don’t like to gamble, but if there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.
3. The reality is: sometimes you lose. And you’re never too good to lose. You’re never too big to lose. You’re never too smart to lose. It happens.
4. When you love and accept yourself, when you know who really cares about you, and when you learn from your mistakes, then you stop caring about what people who don’t know you think.
5. Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.
6. I felt like it was time to set up my future, so I set a goal. My goal was independence.
7. Take all the rules away. How can we live if we don’t change?
8. I’m a workaholic and I don’t believe in ‘No’. If I’m not sleeping, nobody’s sleeping.
9. It is so liberating to really know what I want, what truly makes me happy, what I will not tolerate. I have learned that it is no one else’s job to take care of me but me.
10. If you’ve been doing all you can and it’s not happening for you, go out and have you a good old time. Put on your sexy dress and move on.
11. Whenever I’m confused about something, I ask God to reveal the answers to my questions, and he does.
12. Power means happiness; power means hard work and sacrifice.
13. I know I’m stronger in the songs than I really am. Sometimes I need to hear it myself. We all need to hear those empowering songs to remind us.
14. I always try to be myself. Ever since I was an introverted kid, I’d get on stage and be able to break out of my shell.
15. I only allow myself one day to feel sorry for myself. People who complain really get on my nerves. When I’m not feeling my best I ask myself, ‘What are you gonna do about it?’ I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me.
Let me know in the comments section which of Beyoncé’s quotes is your favourite.